Data Privacy Notice
KIRRIEMUIR GOLF CLUB LTD
What we need
Kirriemuir Golf Club Ltd is a golf club with membership in various categories available to all.
Kirriemuir Golf Club Ltd will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide us whether this is in paper or electronic form.
Members’ personal data:
When you register as a member of Kirriemuir Golf Club Ltd or renew your membership (including if you are registering on behalf of a child under the age of 16), we will ask you for the following personal information:
- Contact details – name, address, email address, and date of birth, etc.;
- Membership criteria / category – for example, Full Adult, Senior, Junior etc.;
- If appropriate details of your golf handicap.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
Members’ personal data:
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
- provide you with core member services, including golf competitions and handicap information
- set up your membership account and maintain your Gold Card account with the Golf Club;
- send you membership communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to general meeting notices, details of forthcoming golf and social events membership renewals, membership fees, information, etc.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
Members’ personal data:
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- promote and encourage participation in the sport of Golf by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed, and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
- provide competition in the sport of Golf by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category;
- monitor and develop participation in the sport of Golf by monitoring members’ engagement and participation, and inviting our members to participate in surveys for researching and development purposes;
- invite our members as award winners or guests to our annual awards dinner,
- develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming courses, renewal requirements and verify that you have completed any mandatory training and PVG / child protection requirements, if appropriate;
- respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to the sport of Golf.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to The Golf Club, Shielhill Road, Kirriemuir, DD8 4LN. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members, volunteers, participants etc. for the purposes of complying with our obligations under:
- the Companies Act 2006 to maintain a register of our members, which includes our members’ name, address, the date they were admitted to membership and the date on which they ceased to be our member, and hold general meetings, including issuing notices and voting arrangements;
- the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults;
- the Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary;
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our competitions and events, we may share this with local papers or on our website or Facebook page for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
Kirriemuir Golf Club Ltd employs third party suppliers to provide services, including IT, payroll, etc. These suppliers may process personal information on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
Scottish Golf members’ personal data
As an affiliated club of Scottish Golf we are required to ensure that all of our members are members of Scottish Golf as a condition of our affiliation.
We will share handicap details and related data as required, with Scottish Golf who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it. Scottish Golf’s privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be accessed at www.scottishgolf.org.
Participants’ personal data
We publish the results of our competitions on our website. This includes competitors’ name, score etc.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK, and is accessed by our staff and volunteers for the purposes set out above.
We are not aware of circumstances where we will be required to transfer your personal information outwith the EU. Where your personal information is transferred outwith the EU, we will provide you with information regarding the safeguards that we have put in place with the recipient country to protect your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
Members’ personal data
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 3 years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of Kirriemuir Golf Club Ltd and for how long. We need to do this to comply with the Companies Act 2006, which requires us to keep a register of members or in the event of a claim against Kirriemuir Golf Club Ltd
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at Kirriemuir Golf Club, Shielhill Road, Kirriemuir, DD8 4LN,.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Kirriemuir Golf Club Ltd will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Consent section for privacy notice
Why we need your personal information – marketing.
Where you are happy for us to do so, we would like to contact you by email with information about Golf, our latest news and upcoming events / competitions / courses.
If you would like to receive email communications from us, please select from the following options below:
- Information about Golf;
- Latest Golf Club news;
- Details of upcoming events.
Please note that we will not email you with any information until you have confirmed your preferences by responding to our email.
You may change your preference at any time or request that we stop sending you email communications by contacting us at Kirriemuir Golf Club, Shielhill Road, Kirriemuir, DD8 4LN. There is an ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of every email communication we send.
Your details will not be passed on to any third party supplier for marketing purposes.
Kirriemuir Golf Club Ltd